Here is our list of the best new & established online casinos for Canadian players. We’ve played at all of these casinos. Below you’ll find out what we think of each ones games, software and bonuses.
A major part of our reviews is the casino’s suitability for Canadians. If you go to any one of our highly rated casinos, you’ll find that you can play in Canadian dollars and use Canadian banking methods. This is important, since it lets you do what you want: enjoy first class gaming action without worrying about any hassles.
- No downloading: spend your time playing, not waiting
- Payouts processed in 2 hours
- Works great with Apple & Android phones and tablets
- Bonus: C$300 + 100 free spins
- Huge game selection - you'll find over 600 games at Jackpot City
- The best deposit bonus for players depositing between $200-$500
- Bonus: 100% / C$500
- Long time favourite with excellent reputation
- Over 400 slot games, some with jackpots of up to 10 million dollars
- Bonus: C$1000 welcome package
- 600+ games, especially good table games (Roulette, Blackjack)
- Very good mobile casino
- Bonus: C$1200 welcome package
- Excellent VIP program rewards loyal players
- Fun Marvel slots games have jackpots of several million dollars
- Bonus: C$60 triple your money
- All gambling games with a single account
- Double the fun: Betway has two casinos
- Bonus: C$1500 welcome package
- Excellent live casino where you can play with live dealers
- Biggest minus: does not support CAD
- Bonus: 100% / US$200
What it takes to be considered among the best
We review each casino we encounter in-depth. We look at each online casino and dig into its software and games, mobile platform, bonuses and promotions and suitability for Canadian players. Only the best real money gambling sites make it onto our list.
Software and games
Software and games are an important aspect of any online casino. If an internet casino does not have the best selection of games to play, you should not sign up at that casino. After all, you are joining an online casino to play their games.
When it comes to software we always mention who actually provides the games. Most of the popular Canadian online casinos are powered by Microgaming games. Another big casino game developer is Playtech. Knowing if a casino is powered by Microgaming, Playtech or something else is valuable. If you played before at a casino powered by the same software, you’ll know beforehand how the games are going to be.
If you are one of those casino players who prefer to play on your phone or tablet, the casino’s mobile software needs to be good.
In our casino reviews we examine all the positive and negative aspects of the mobile platform. The most common negative thing, by the way, is that most casinos have only 10-30 mobile games. This is changing fast though. In 2017 over 100 million players are estimated to use real money apps on their phones and tablets, so casinos invest heavily into their mobile offering.
Is the casino suitable for Canadian players?This is the most important review category for us.
Even the very best internet casino would be sub-par if we didn’t have access to Canadian banking methods like card deposits or InstaDebit. And you of course need to be able to play in Canadian dollars, too.
We only consider a casino a good fit for us Canadian players if it has:
- Full support for playing in Canadian dollars
- Customer support available via a toll-free phone number
- English and French software
Bonuses and promotions
Bonuses and promotions give you more bang for your buck. We all like money and free things, so we dedicate a lot of space in our reviews for each casino’s deposit bonus.
Online casinos can have incredibly complex bonuses. This is why we look at each bonus and what it actually consists of.
On the surface, Casino.com’s bonus of $3,200 in eight parts sounds great. Only with a closer look you’ll find out that the first bonus is indeed great (100% up to $400), but the latter seven bonuses are not nearly as attractive (25% up to $400).
In addition to the sign-up bonuses and promotions, we also look into each casino’s loyalty program.
The VIP programs vary a lot from casino to casino. Even two casinos using the same software providers can have completely different loyalty bonuses. It’s not uncommon that one is a whole lot more rewarding than the other – another great reason to dip deeper into this issue in our reviews.
Before you choose an online casino to play at, make sure to read our detailed reviews.
Pay careful attention to the reliability and security of the casinos, as well as their suitability for Canadian players.
We make sure to have all those details available for you in a clear and concise way to help you make an informed decision about the best online casino where you can play.