You don’t need to leave your home to enjoy first class blackjack action. Blackjack is the most popular casino card game, so you’ll find plenty of great games at Canadian online casinos.
Below you’ll find our favourite casinos and blackjack games. We think that all of the casinos are a good fit for Canadian players. For example, you get to play in Canadian dollars, avoiding the hassle of currency exchange.
Best real money blackjack sites 2017
- 10+ blackjack games including live blackjack
- Why wait? All games load instantly in your browser, no downloading needed
- Bonus: C$800 + spins
- 15 blackjack games, over 600 casino games in total
- We highly recommend single deck Las Vegas blackjack
- Bonus: C$1000 & Free Spins
- Online gambling giant has plenty of blackjack games.
- Download to your computer or play in browser.
- Bonus: C$60 triple your money
Land-based blackjack vs online blackjack
More and more players are taking their blackjack playing online. The reasons are clear: playing online is more convenient and beneficial compared to playing at a brick and mortar casino.
The most obvious benefit is that you don’t need to go anywhere. You can sit in your favorite chair in comfy clothes. There is total privacy and no annoying crowds anywhere. With mobile gambling becoming more popular you can literally play anywhere.
Online you get a bigger variety of blackjack games. A normal casino usually has more than one blackjack game going, but online the variety is even better. Even a small online casinos have dozens more blackjack games to choose from. Most of us stick to our favourite games for the most part, but it’s fun to give a new game a try every now and then.For serious players, the biggest advantage of playing online are better odds.
Rules used in online games offer better odds of winning for the players. This is mostly due to the inclusion of surrendering and more relaxed splitting rules than what land-based games offer. There is also one drawback: you can’t count cards online, as the deck is shuffled after each deal.
The big advantage of online blackjack is that you can play a hand or two whenever you want to, wherever you are.
Internet casinos have Apple and Android versions of their most popular games available. Blackjack together with roulette is the most popular table game, so it’s always included in each casino’s mobile version.
Blackjack is extremely well suited for mobile gaming. One hand takes almost no time at all and it’s easy to play even on a small screen. As long as you’re connected to the internet, you can play whenever you have a minute or two to kill: while waiting for a bus, while on a train, in a coffee shop and so forth.
Live dealer blackjack
If you want a real casino-like experience while playing online, live dealer games are for you.
In a live dealer game you see a live feed from a real casino. You bet and make your other decisions with your mouse. Your decisions are transmitted via an automated system to the dealer’s earpiece and she deals out the cards accordingly. Wins and losses are automatically recorded on your account.
Live games have higher minimum bets than other online blackjack games. This is understandable as the live games have higher costs: computers don’t need salaries, croupiers do.
Different kinds of blackjack games
There is an endless number of blackjack variations. The most popular variations include Blackjack Switch, Atlantic City Blackjack, Pontoon, Spanish Blackjack, Blackjack Bonus and others.
While the basic rules are the same, there are many differences with the details of the games. Most often the details vary on things like what kind of hands you can split and double.
Different games can also pay out extra amounts on special hands or have different side bets available. Different variations also use a different number of decks. Single deck games are an especially big draw online since the smaller number of cards makes the game less dependent on luck.One of the more unusual blackjack variations is Blackjack Switch. In this version of the game you are dealt two hands. Before deciding to hit or stay, you can choose to switch the top cards of each hand. To counterbalance this huge advantage, the dealer can go to 22 without going bust.
All online casinos offer bonuses to their new clients. As a blackjack player you shouldn’t worry too much about bonuses: free money would be nice, but Blackjack is not a good game for clearing bonuses.
Blackjack has a super small house edge, which depending on the exact game can be less than half a percent. This tiny house edge doesn’t go well with big bonuses from the casino’s point of view. The end result is that casinos don’t usually count blackjack bets towards the play-through requirements bonuses come with.
Blackjack is an incredibly deep game. We are not going to try to teach you strategy here. For that you’d need a whole blackjack strategy book.
- Make sure you know the rules of the blackjack version you are playing. You should always remember what kind of hands you can double and split in the game you’re playing.
- Don’t make side bets. They have worse odds than blackjack. Only make them if you are making them just for fun in the hopes that you hit a jackpot.
- Never take an insurance. Insurance is a losing bet in the long run.
- Keep track of your bankroll and your gaming budget. If you don’t want to do this yourself, most online casinos allow you to set your own daily and monthly limits. Ask customer support for how it’s done at the casino where you play.
- Play free blackjack games. Try new games for free before using real money.
Our favorite game: BJ Pro
Our favorite blackjack game is BJ Pro by Guts Casino.
- Play multiple hands: Play up to three hands with one try
- No download: No need to download or install anything, the game works in your browser
- Excellent rules: Lucrative doubling & splitting rules make sure that skillful play pays off
- Looks good: Good graphics and smooth & fast animations